Mountain Land Home Therapy ServicesWhen your health prevents you from the activities you enjoy doing, count on Mountain Land Rehabilitation Home Therapy to be your partner in recovery. For over 20 years Mountain Land has been a trusted provider of rehabilitation services in skilled nursing facilities, outpatient clinics, and in the comfort of the home. Mountain Land Rehabilitation's Home Services Division partners with your Home Health Agency to provide physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy services to those who are unable to leave the home. Mountain Land is also a Medicare Certified Rehab Agency authorized to provide therapy services to those who are not homebound, but prefer to be treated in the home for transportation or other reasons. We accept Medicare and most major insurances. FOR REFERRAL INFORMATION CONTACT: Home Services Referral Coordinator (801) 942-3311, or toll free (800) 574-4792
Home Therapy Referral Guidelines
Physical Therapy Referral GuidelinesOne can benefit from Physical Therapy if any of the following are noted:
- Any current or past history of falls or near falls (with or without injury).
- Decline in mobility.
- Decline in balance.
- Decreased strength.
- Recent illness or surgery that impacts mobility and independence.
- Recurrent pain that limits activities of daily living or recreation/hobbies.
These signs and symptoms should be recognized and treated early.
Occupational Therapy Referral GuidelinesOne can benefit from Occupational Therapy if any of the following are noted:
- Difficulties with activities of daily living, i.e. dressing, bathing, personal hygiene, meal preparation and/or eating.
- Pain or decreased strength in the upper extremities that interferes with activities of daily living or recreation/hobbies.
- Decreased range of motion in the upper extremities that limits the ability to reach objects up high.
- Need for a Home Safety Evaluation.
Speech Pathology Referral GuidelinesOne can benefit from Speech Therapy if any of the following are noted:
- Changes in memory, signs of confusion and sense of orientation. This can be a positive or negative change (improved memory, decline in memory).
- Changes in ability to express ideas or needs. Changes may be a decline or an improvement.
- Changes in ability to understand others or follow directions. Changes may be a decline or an improvement.
- Coughing or choking during or soon after a meal.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Significant change in appetite or intake (improvement or decline).
- Decline in alertness or increased forgetfulness.
Home Therapy Services
Similar to our Outpatient Services our Therapists treat the following conditions in the home.
- Sports / Orthopedic Injuries
- Industrial / Work Related Injuries
- Auto Accident Injuries
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Surgical Recovery & Rehabilitation
- Sprains & Strains
- General Medical Rehabilitation
- Pain Management
- Pediatric Rehabilitation